The beef that you eat comes from our families to yours. More than 97% of cattle ranches in the United States are family owned and operated. The families that raise beef are dedicated to caring for their animals, land, and continuing the traditions that generations before them began. Cattle harvest the grass on the hillside and convert it into a nutrient dense food source for us to enjoy. More than two-thirds of land used for grazing in the United States is not suitable for raising crops, however, cattle are able to graze the grass and provide us with beef.
For more information on how cattle are raised and the people who raise them visit www.explorebeef.org
Congratulations to our
2015 Cattleman and CattleWoman of the Year . . .
Keith Grant and Julie Barnett
Thank you for your dedication to our community and to our industry.
- 12 ounces grilled beef steak, cut into slices
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 4 medium whole wheat tortillas (8 to 10-inch diameter)
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Total Recipe Time: 15 to 20 minutes
- Makes 4 servings
- Chimichurri Steak Wraps nutrition information
This and other easy fix beef recipes are available at www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com